A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- The way forward for the Mississippi primary. John Hudak describes the options in the Mississippi primary and the crossroads at which Mississippi Republicans find themselves.
- Student debt might not be part of a new and growing phenomenon. Beth Akers and Matthew Chingos conclude that borrowers in student debt are no worse off than they were a generation ago.
- China Inc. not as menacing as predicted. Erica Downs discusses the evolution of Chinese competition with regards to outward investment, cheap capital, and government backing.
- Water scarcity impacting growth in MENA region. Julia Devlin asks if water scarcity is impeding growth prospects in the Middle East and North Africa.
- The future of private sector growth in Africa. Amadou Sy provides three suggestions on the way forward for private sector growth in Africa.
- China’s shift towards mobile technology. Joshua Bleiberg illustrates the Chinese mobile revolution.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.