A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Iraq needs a new team at the top, says Michael O’Hanlon.
- Strengths and weaknesses of ISIS. Charles Lister describes the strengths and weaknesses of ISIS forces in terms of their fanatical beliefs, sources of support, and recently acquired resources.
- Time to recalibrate financial reform. Pointing to counterproductive measures and developing risks in the financial system, Douglas Elliott calls for the recalibration of financial reform.
- Improving Medicare ACOs. Mark McClellan, Ross White and Lawrence Kocot outline eight top policy issues for improving Medicare Accountable Care Organizations.
- Frustrated achievers and unhappiness in Latin America. Carol Graham and Len Goff study protests and happiness in Latin America in terms of growing middle class frustrations.
- Four steps for Detroit. Bruce Katz and Jennifer Bradley describe four steps Detroit has taken to adjust to the new realities of the metropolitan revolution.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.