A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Planning the American dream. Richard Reeves lays out a case for a U.S. Office of Opportunity.
- Syria’s civil war. Charles Lister examines recent military victories by Syrian opposition forces.
- Smart grids in India. Rahul Tongia explains why smart grid technology in India make sense.
- On incremental education reform. Thomas Kane says we need to recognize the magnitude of changes required to meet our education reform goals, and then recognize that incremental policies will not produce substantial change.
- Palestinian grassroots reconciliation. Neven Bondokji argues that local trust-building measures between Fatah and Hamas will determine the success of reconciliation in intra-Palestinian violence.
Brookings Senior Fellow and former U.S. State Department Special Envoy on Climate Todd Stern spoke at the US Climate Action Center, at the COP 24 UN climate negotiations, on the future of the Paris Agreement in Katowice, Poland on December 10, 2018.