A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- New climate and energy blog. Strobe Talbott introduces the newest Brookings blog, PlanetPolicy: A Forum for Smart Climate and Energy Policies.
- Europe’s crisis, Europe’s future. In this new volume, edited by Kemal Derviş and Jacques Mistral, an international group of economic analysts provides an insightful view of the eurozone crisis.
- Declining business dynamism in the U.S. Robert Litan and Ian Hathaway examine declining business dynamism—”the process by which firms continually are born, fail, expand, and contract”—across the country, in all 50 states and 366 metro areas.
- Terrorism in Syria. Bruce Riedel warns that the flow of foreign fighters into Syria “is becoming the largest in the history of the global jihad, and the Syrian battleground is on the way to outstripping the 1980s Afghan war against the Soviets as a training ground for Islamic militants.”
- Support democracy, development and hope in the Arab World, writes Kemal Derviş.
Rather than serving as a unifying diplomatic exercise to highlight Iran’s troubling regional activities, the [Warsaw] summit primarily highlighted America’s diplomatic isolation from its European allies.