A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- 50 facts about U.S. nuclear weapons today. An update from the Arms Control and Non-Proliferation Initiative to the 1998 list of 50 facts about U.S. nuclear weapons.
- What did the Great Recession teach central bankers? David Wessel introduces a new volume from the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary policy about the lessons and challenges of the great recession from the point of view of the policymakers, including Ben Bernanke, who were present.
- Brazil’s role in global governance. Harold Trinkunas writes on four steps Brazil can take to influence global governance more effectively.
- Nuanced views in eastern Ukraine. Steven Pifer and Hannah Thoburn examine attitudes among Ukrainians in that country’s east toward Kyiv and Moscow.
- Crime, incarceration, and America’s poor. Benjamin Harris and Melissa Kearney look at economic facts about crime, incarceration and poverty.