A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- The pursuit of happiness. In a new podcast, Carol Graham explains how and why to measure happiness.
- Tea party’s lament. Bill Galston spotlights a telling remark by a candidate in the race for the Mississippi Republican Senate nomination.
- Japan’s national security thinking. Sheena Chestnut Greitens reports on her trip to Japan where she investigated Tokyo’s national security strategy.
- Why aging and work make us happy. Carol Graham shows the relationship between aging and working in four charts.
- Flat R&D funding in Obama’s budget. Walter Valdiva discusses why people are complaining about it.
- Michelle Obama’s visit to China. Emily Gustafsson-Wright and Carola McGiffert applaud First Lady Michelle Obama’s focus on education during her visit to China.