A roundup of some of the content published on brookings.edu today.
- Ukraine’s violence continues. Steven Pifer writes about the current situation and what can be done.
- Will wage insurance have a long-term impact on children’s economic prospects? Gary Burtless doubts that it will.
- Innovation, technology, exports, and opportunity. Mark Muro, Kenan Fikri and Scott Andes encourage states to take the lead and shift the economy toward a new focus to create more jobs and opportunities.
- Do we know how to improve teaching? Tom Loveless explores the potential of teachers’ professional development.
- The post-2015 “access + learning” education agenda. Rebecca Winthrop, Homi Kharas and Jenny Alexander examine how to scale up quality education services, and the challenges we might encounter around the world.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.
The 20th anniversary of welfare reform: Lessons and takeaways
Housing in America: Preview screening of “America Divided” with Norman Lear
Peace through entrepreneurship? Improving Middle Eastern security by creating jobs