A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Do gas prices affect residential property values? Adele Morris and Helen Heill estimate the effect of gasoline prices on home values using data from Clark County (Las Vegas), Nevada. The findings have implications for understanding household housing wealth.
- Why Detroit’s bankruptcy spared retirees. Joshua Gotbaum explains why pensions and retirees’ benefits will not be cut much, if at all, in Detroit’s bankruptcy.
- The “black box” of health care data. Kavita Patel and Domitilla Masi reflect on a recent Engelberg Center event on the value to consumers of health care data released by the government.
- Preparing new teachers. Mark Dynarski says “the time has arrived for teacher preparation programs to use evidence and data.”
- Hutchins Roundup of fiscal and monetary policy news. The Hutchins Center covers spending multipliers, income inequality, and more in this regular news roundup.