Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (BPEA) provides academic and business economists, government officials, and members of the financial and business communities with timely research on current economic issues.
• Inequality Rising and Permanent over Past Two Decades Jason DeBacker (Middle Tennessee State University), Bradley Heim (Indiana University), Vasia Panousi (Federal Reserve Board), Shanthi Ramnath (U.S. Treasury Department), and Ivan Vidangos (Federal Reserve Board)
• Minimum Balance of 5 Percent Could Prevent Future Money Market Fund Runs Patrick E. McCabe (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve) and Marco Cipriani, Michael Holscher, and Antoine Martin (Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
• Low-Income, High-Achieving Students Miss Out on Attending Selective Colleges Caroline M. Hoxby (Stanford University) and Christopher Avery (Harvard Kennedy School of Government)
• Portuguese Economic Slump Caused by the Large Capital Inflows that Came with the Euro Ricardo Reis (Columbia University)
• Family Planning over Past Half-Century Has Had Positive Social and Economic Impacts Martha J. Bailey, University of Michigan
• Large Gender Gap in Financial Inclusion Worldwide Asli Demirguc-Kunt and Leora Klapper (World Bank)