Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (BPEA) provides academic and business economists, government officials, and members of the financial and business communities with timely research on current economic issues.
To subscribe to BPEA click here
• Is This Time Different? The Slowdown in Healthcare Spending Amitabh Chandra and Jonathan Holmes (Harvard University) and Jonathan Skinner (Dartmouth College)
• Boom, Bust, Recovery: Forensics of the Latvia Crisis Olivier Blanchard, Mark Griffiths, and Bertrand Gruss (IMF)
• The Impacts of Expanding Access to High-Quality Preschool Education Elizabeth Cascio (Dartmouth College) and Diane Schanzenbach (Northwestern University)
• Amerisclerosis? The Puzzle of Rising U.S. Unemployment Persistence Olivier Coibion (University of Texas–Austin), Yuriy Gorodnichenko (University of California–Berkeley), Dmitri Koustas, University of California at Berkeley
• The Decline of the U.S. Labor Share Michael Elsby (University of Edinburgh), Bart Hobijn (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco), and Aysegul Sahin (Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
• Unseasonal Seasonals? Jonathan Wright (Johns Hopkins University)