Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (BPEA) provides academic and business economists, government officials, and members of the financial and business communities with timely research on current economic issues.
To subscribe to BPEA click here
• Recessions and the Costs of Job Loss
Steve Davis (University of Chicago) and Til von Wachter (Columbia University)
• What Do Small Businesses Do?
Erik Hurst and Benjamin Wild Pugsley (University of Chicago)
• Unemployment Insurance and Job Search in the Great Recession
Jesse Rothstein (University of California–Berkeley)
• The Effects of Quantitative Easing on Interest Rates: Channels and Implications for Policy
Arvind Krishnamurthy and Annette Vissing-Jorgenson (Northwestern University)
• Practical Monetary Policy: Examples from Sweden and the United States
Lars E. O. Svensson (Sveriges Riksbank)
• The Labor Market in the Great Recession—An Update to September 2011
Michael. W. L. Elsby (University of Edinburgh), Bart Hobijn (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco), Aysegül Sahïn (Federal Reserve Bank of New York), and Robert B. Valletta (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco)
• The Income- and Expenditure-Side Estimates of U.S. Output Growth—An Update to 2011Q2
Jeremy J. Nalewaik (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System)