A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Intel community surveillance. Josh Bleiberg and Darrell West describe a recent event with Robert Litt, the general counsel at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, on balancing security and privacy concerns.
- Europe and austerity. Kemal Derviş argues that European policymakers need to spend as much time realizing social sustainability as they do financial.
- The Middle Eastern great game. Martin Indyk offers his preferred solution to help stem the chaos that currently threatens the Middle East (part 2 of 2).
- Hispanic child poverty. Emily Cuddy and Richard Reeves review data on the diversity of Hispanic child poverty, as compared to that of black and white children.
- Tunisia field report. Shadi Hamid reflects on his time in the Middle East, when he met and conversed with regional leaders and activists, including Islamist members of Tunisia’s parliament.
- Medicare and Medicaid data. Kavita Patel, Domitilla Masi, and Caitlin Brandt highlight disparities in the massive Medicare Part B physician payment dataset released last year.