A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- The Burr-Hatch-Upton Obamacare replacement proposal:
- Greek debt. Carlos Bastasin argues that a debt target for the entire eurozone would help break the Greek debt impasse.
- China’s rise and U.S. defense. Michael O’Hanlon discusses a recent event on China’s rise and its implications for U.S. defense spending.
- Government’s use of the cloud. Josh Bleiberg and Darrell West discuss a recent report on the federal government’s investment in cloud services.
- Early childhood development programs. Amanda Glassman offers four lessons learned from the health field that are relevant to costing ECD programs.
- Supply-side costs of the great recession. Barry Bosworth examines the impact of the Great Recession on the U.S. economy’s potential output “as reflected in the aggregate supplies of labor and capital and the combined efficiency with which they are used, total factor productivity.”
- Sen. Bernie Sanders at Brookings. Brookings Now blog provides highlights of a speech by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on his views of the economy and how to revitalize America’s middle class.