A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- How to watch election returns like a pro. Bill Galston offers an expert primer on which counties to watch in seven key Senate races.
- Would a GOP Senate make a difference? Sarah Binder looks at the historical evidence to answer.
- A constitutional crisis in Burkina Faso? John Mukum Mbaku says that the military’s ouster of President Blaise Campaoré threatens the rule of law in that country.
- Will Ebola drive image of Africa? Witney Schneidman wonders if the Ebola crisis in three countries in western Africa will define the entire continent.
- Transparent governance in Latin America. Carlos Santiso and Harold Trinkunas examine Latin America’s “Sisyphean trap” with resource abundance.
- Obama’s meeting with Xi in Beijing. President Obama pays an official state visit to Chinese President Xi Jinping on November 9. Brookings experts offer insight on how the U.S. president can have a productive meeting.