A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- American global Internet leadership remains a challenge. Stuart Brotman examines the challenges for U.S. leadership on global Internet governance.
- Low oil prices: good or bad for global economics? Luay Al-Khatteeb details the global economic consequences of the continued drop in the price of oil.
- ISIS and the campaign trail. William McCants looks at how the rise of ISIS might impact the 2014 midterm elections.
- Burkina Faso protests force legislators to postpone election. John Mukum Mbaku explains the situation in Burkina Faso, where citizens are angry over President Blaise Compaoré’s possible re-election. After ruling for 27 years, citizens are frustrated with government dictatorship.
- Spillover effects of the Recovery Act and more. David Wessel and Brendan Mochoruk provide the latest fiscal and monetary policy news in the Hutchins Roundup.
- Key issues in the Iowa Senate race. Writing for FixGov blog, University of Iowa Professor Tracy Osborn answers six questions about the race between Joni Ernst (R) and Bruce Braley (D).
Charmaine Crutchfield contributed to this post.