A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- What to expect from the UN climate summit. Tomorrow, senior officials will convene at the United Nations in New York for the UN Climate Summit 2014. Joshua Meltzer, Tim Boersma, Elizabeth Ferris and Timmons Roberts offer their thoughts on the summit and key stakeholders.
- Girls’ education an uphill battle but showing progress. Rebecca Winthrop and Eileen McGivney discuss the progress and remaining challenges in girls’ education today, including enrollment, violence attacks, and child marriage.
- Good news for the Medicare ACO program. Mark McClellan and co-authors offer their latest take on Medicare ACO results, and the implications for health care quality and costs.
- Billionaires, elites, and social mobility. Richard Reeves discusses some key points in Darrell West’s new book, Billionaires: Reflections on the Upper Crust.
- Even economists deserve a little respect. Robert Litan offers remarks on the thesis of his new book Trillion Dollar Economists, explaining that economists’ influence is not confined to financial forecasting or economic predictions—as many believe.
Charmaine Crutchfield contributed to this post.