A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- How income tax changes affects economic growth. William Gale and Andrew Samwick examine how income tax changes can affect long-term economic growth and find that, contrary to conventional wisdom, there is no guarantee that tax rate cuts or tax reform will raise the long-term economic growth rate.
- Mobile technology predicted to reach almost $2 trillion due to continuous growth. Joshua Bleiberg and Darrell West discuss how mobile technologies are helping build local economies, the subject of a Brookings event on September 10.
- The budget crisis can end in one of two ways. Ron Haskins discusses ways the budget crisis could possibly end.
- What to expect from the U.N. Climate Change meeting in Paris. In 2015, countries have agreed to conclude a new international climate change treaty. Joshua Meltzer and Tim Boersma provide insight on what to expect.
- Lifting ban on U.S. crude oil exports creates economic opportunities. Charles Ebinger and Heather Greenley provide analysis of how lifting the ban will provide economic opportunities and growth.
Charmaine Crutchfield contributed to this post.