A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- The numbers behind DACA. Audrey Singer presents metropolitan data for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
- The effect of U.S.-Iranian relations on the Middle East. Michael Doran argues that warmer relations between the United States and Iran has propagated instability in the Middle East by isolating U.S. allies.
- Protecting the promise of youth for the international community. Julia Gillard marks International Youth Day by reflecting upon the importance of supporting the promise that young people offer.
- Understanding ISIS in Iraq and U.S. policy options. Brookings scholars discuss the ongoing violence in Iraq, the rise of the Islamic State, and U.S. policy recommendations.
- Dispelling the myth of “climate refugees” in New Zealand. Jane McAdam explains that New Zealand Tribunal’s decision to grant residence visas to a Tuvaluan family had humanitarian considerations based on family ties rather than an international obligation.
- The relationship between campaign financing and innovation. Joshua Bleiberg shares research that links companies’ contribution to campaign funding and their innovation.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.