A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Should the U.S. adopt European-style insurance regulations? Robert Litan explains why it is premature for the United States to embrace insurance solvency regulation as it is important to distinguish between banks and insurers.
- Role of regional organizations in national disaster management. Elizabeth Ferris calls for efforts to assess the role of regional organizations in building the capacity of national disaster management organizations.
- Why Silicon Valley software developers have an edge. Jonathan Rothwell asks what distinguishes Silicon Valley software developers.
- The limits on DACA estimates. Audrey Singer suggests why estimates of the population eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program should be treated with uncertainty.
- Leveraging data in health care. Darrell West and Niam Yaragh list four ways to leverage the maximum potential of data in the health care.
- Latin American elections and results in 2014. Daniel Zovatto unpacks the intense 2014 electoral landscape in Latin America.
- AGOA and regional integration. Witney Schneidman interviews the African Development Bank’s Moono Mupotola.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.
Panel Discussion |Coal India Ltd.’s Journey and Coal’s Future, with Partha Sarathi Bhattacharyya, author of “When Coal Turned Gold”
New Delhi, India