A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Revolution in health care. Darrell West and Niam Yaraghi present the opportunities and challenges from the emerging revolution in health information technology, social collaboration, and advanced data analytics.
- Address unfunded retiree health care benefits. Robert Pozen argues that the government needs to take concrete actions to address the health care promises made to retired public employees.
- The EPA’s unfair assumptions affect agency’s treatment of states. Philip Wallach and Alex Abdun-Nabi suggest that the EPA’s assumptions in its Clean Power Plan result in the disparate treatment of states.
- The rise of innovation districts. Bruce Katz reports that various city officials have started to consider innovation districts within their own cities.
- Payment reform relies on frontline health care workers. Kavita Patel and Domitilla Masi explain that payment reform relies on the support of frontline health care workers and that policy must reform and enhance the frontline worker infrastructure.
- Understanding Argentina’s default. Guillermo Vuletin discusses why Argentina’s default in 2014 is different than its last one in 2001.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.