A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- U.S. forces should stay in Afghanistan after 2016. Michael O’Hanlon testified in favor of retaining a modest presence in Afghanistan after 2016 for the purpose of counterterrorism.
- India’s climate change policy under Modi. William Antholis explains that India can be an environmental leader while pursuing growth through a low-carbon approach to development.
- Using gender to counter violent extremism. Krista Couture explores lessons learned from women in peace-building and conflict prevention in Bangladesh and Morocco.
- Common ground between U.S. and Russia. Steven Pifer suggests that the United States and Russia still have an interest in cooperating over certain issues; he discusses President Obama’s nomination of John Tefft to be the U.S. ambassador to Russia.
- Changing role of multilateral and subregional development banks. Johannes Linn discusses the evolving role of multilateral and subregional development banks in international development finance.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.