A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Iraq’s displacement crisis. Elizabeth Ferris and Vittoria Federici say Iraq’s new crisis is more complicated than the previous one.
- Understanding the hiring difficulty in the U.S. Jonathan Rothwell explains that with the economy’s improvement, skilled workers face increasing hiring difficulty until substantially more people graduate or are trained in certain fields.
- Energy in the Millennial Generation. John Banks finds unmistakable synergies between the traditional utilities and the millennial generation.
- Focusing on Foreign Direct Investment in Africa. Amy Copley, Fenohasina Maret-Rakotondrazaka and Amadou Sy discuss Africa’s foreign direct investment in the context of the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit.
- Improving education accountability and opportunity. Richard Reeves suggests that bad schools should be forced to get better and good schools should be helped to become great—both steps for raising American levels of education and narrowing the opportunity gaps.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.