A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- News literacy in the Internet generation. James Klurfeld and Howard Schneider argue that increased news availability must be accompanied by consensus on the facts so as to reduce misinformation and reduce the chance of policy paralysis.
- Innovative clinical trials and more efficient drug development. Gregory Daniel, Derek Griffing, Erica Socker, and Sophie Mayer suggest taking advantage of innovative clinical trial designs in order to increase the efficiency of drug development.
- June employment gains. Gary Burtless discusses the recovery in employment levels.
- The plight of American democracy. Elaine Kamarck calls for robust, internal debate within the American political system in light of the rising unpopularity of the American democratic system.
- Myth and reality of the Islamic State. Daniel Byman debunks five myths about the Islamic State.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.