A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Iraq in crisis. Kenneth Pollack reviews the recent developments in Iraq and details some policy options.
- Charting the Fed’s next move. David Wessel anticipates what the Federal Reserve will do next in light of the upcoming FOMC committee.
- Obama’s climate change options. Ted Gayer asks three questions about President Obama’s EPA emissions regulation proposal in his fight against climate change.
- The EU’s post-2020 climate goals. Joshua Meltzer and Tim Boersma discuss the challenges facing the European Union in its post-2020 climate and energy targets.
- Crowd-sourced funding as a source of innovation in education. Joshua Bleiberg and Darrell West describe the use of crowd-sourced funding in education reform.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.
“The 21st century has revalued these small geographies. That’s what the 21st century demands,” Katz said, noting that these days, “[w]e aren’t innovating in isolated business parks” in the suburbs.