A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- European Parliament. Doug Elliott offers five takeaways from the weekend’s EU parliamentary elections.
- Congressional gridlock is real. Sarah Binder finds that levels of legislative gridlock have steadily risen over the past half-century.
- Challenges for new Ukrainian president. Steven Pifer looks at three tough challenges for Ukrainian President-elect Petro Poroshenko.
- Private investment for sustainable development. Homi Kharas and John McArthur examine the role of private finance for global sustainable development goals.
- Can cities manage disruptive tech? Jennifer Bradley asks what happens why disruptive technology business models, like Uber, Lyft, or AirBnB, meet highlight regulated urban industries.