A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- The Primaries Project. Elaine Kamarck discusses today’s political primaries in Indiana, North Carolina and Ohio.
- Health care spending and the fiscal problem. Bill Gale examines the role of health care spending on federal budget deficits and concludes that “no decline [in medical cost growth] within the realm of our historical experience could fix the nation’s fiscal imbalance.”
- “Short-termism” in corporate America. Robert Pozen looks at “short-termism”—judging company performance over a brief time period—and offers proposals to curb some of its negative effects.
- We need U.S. leadership on climate change, say Joshua Meltzer and Claire Langley.
- National freight policy. Adie Tomer reviews the process to build a comprehensive national freight policy.