A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Anti-poverty policies. Alan Berube argues that although policies have significantly improved the lives of the poor, we still face huge challenges.
- South Sudan sanctions. Witney Schneidman and Princeton Lyman write that U.S. sanctions can only subside the conflict if the Kiir government takes actions.
- Technology and privacy. Cameron Kerry explains how technology can help improve user experience and manage privacy preferences.
- Regulation and environmental quality. Michael Greenstone testified to the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress on how to design a regulatory structure that both protects citizens and avoids imposing unnecessary costs on business and society.
- Military spending cuts. William Galston explores the real-world consequences of cutting military spending.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.