A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Obama-Abe summit. Mireya Solís explains why reassurance is in great need for both the U.S. and Japan.
- Macroprudential regulation. Donald Kohn compares the new financial regulatory institutions in the United Kingdom (the FPC) and the United States (the FSOC).
- Financial stability. David Wessel talks about Donald Kohn’s remarks on the FSOC.
- Nuclear accord with Iran. Suzanne Maloney comments on Javier Solana’s remark about a possible nuclear accord with Iran: “The challenge is big, but a solution is possible.”
- Raising active aspirations. Richard Reeves and Kimberly Howard outline some policy interventions that address gaps in active aspirations, which has positive implications for upward social mobility.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.