A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Student loan safety nets. Beth Akers and Matt Chingos examine the income-based repayment system vs. a schedule of flat payments.
- World Forum on Governance. Elaine Kamarck reports from the third World Forum on Governance, held this past weekend in Prague.
- Africa in China’s foreign policy. Yun Sun looks at China’s rapidly-growing presence in Africa.
- Early childhood development and business. It’s a smart investment for businesses, says Emily Gustafsson-Wright.
- What you need to know about cyber threats. Peter Singer discusses what the media should learn about cyber threats.
My biggest concern is that Washington is signaling to Russia that it’s OK to meddle in the politics of sovereign nations which are your neighbors. Meddling is going on from Paris to Ukraine, from east to west and north to south, within Europe and at its borders, and always with the intent of undermining the credibility and effectiveness of democratic institutions. And it is being either denied or downplayed.