A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Mortality and retirement benefits. Barry Bosworth and Kathleen Burke find a positive impact of differential mortality on altering the distribution of lifetime benefits in favor of higher income individuals.
- GOP and social mobility. Isabel Sawhill suggests five steps that Republicans should take on mobility.
- Counterterrorism policy. Benjamin Wittes testifies to a House committee, grading the Obama administration’s counterterrorism policy.
- China’s economy. Douglas Elliott argues that China is capable of managing its economic problems without the serious risks that some suggest.
- Currency tensions in Asia. Eswar Prasad explains the challenges Asian countries face and the consequences of their fiscal policies.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.
[Trump has] given Iran the moral high ground and that is an exceptionally difficult thing to do given the history and reality of Iran's misdeeds at home and in the region. It's just malpractice on the part of an American president.