A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- TIGER index. In the latest Brookings-Financial Times TIGER index, Eswar Prasad, Karim Foda and Arnav Sahu report on the global economic recovery.
- Obama’s visit to Asia. Sheena Chestnut Greitens discusses President Obama’s upcoming visit and in particular the U.S..-Philippine alliance.
- Africa’s fast growth, slow transformation. Homi Kharas takes a look at the 2014 African Transformation Report.
- Global learning metrics. Rebecca Winthrop asks what’s next for the Learning Metrics Task Force.
- Learning from tax maps. Benjamin Harris presents three things we can learn from four county-level maps showing: EITC, income taxes, itemized tax deductions, and property taxes.
- A metropolitan jobs recovery? Mark Muro and Alex Friedhoff see stark employment gain gaps for metro areas hit hard by the recession.
Panel Discussion |Coal India Ltd.’s Journey and Coal’s Future, with Partha Sarathi Bhattacharyya, author of “When Coal Turned Gold”
New Delhi, India
A stronger Europe: Our common interest