A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- TIGER index. In the latest Brookings-Financial Times TIGER index, Eswar Prasad, Karim Foda and Arnav Sahu report on the global economic recovery.
- Obama’s visit to Asia. Sheena Chestnut Greitens discusses President Obama’s upcoming visit and in particular the U.S..-Philippine alliance.
- Africa’s fast growth, slow transformation. Homi Kharas takes a look at the 2014 African Transformation Report.
- Global learning metrics. Rebecca Winthrop asks what’s next for the Learning Metrics Task Force.
- Learning from tax maps. Benjamin Harris presents three things we can learn from four county-level maps showing: EITC, income taxes, itemized tax deductions, and property taxes.
- A metropolitan jobs recovery? Mark Muro and Alex Friedhoff see stark employment gain gaps for metro areas hit hard by the recession.
"There needs to be substantial follow along investment from the supply chain. This is a significant gamble. For [Wisconsin's state investment in Foxconn] to pay off, you need to build not just one company … you need to build a number of smaller and medium-sized companies."