A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Russia, arms control, and Obama. Steven Pifer looks at how U.S.-Russia relations complicate President Obama’s nuclear arms legacy.
- The Supreme Court’s McCutcheon decision. Thomas Mann says that today’s decision by the Supreme Court in McCutcheon v. FEC is “worse than it looks.”
- Decide on liquefied natural gas exports. Charles Ebinger and Tim Boersma argue that it is time for a decision on unrestricted LNG exports.
- Dubious pre-K science. Russ Whitehurst examines the data on Georgia’s universal pre-K programs on child outcomes, which President Obama has praised.
- Is an innovative bureaucracy possible? John Hudak reviews a Partnership for Public Service study that says an “innovative, streamlined, modern competitive, and efficient” bureaucracy “is well within reach.”
- Metro Monitor. Alec Friedhoff and Siddharth Kulkarni present updated economic performance rankings of the 100 largest U.S. metro areas.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.