A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Transit and broadband to connect innovation. Robert Puentes and Adie Tomer explain the importance of transit and broadband in facilitating the growth of innovation districts.
- Government leadership vacancies and their effect. Elaine Kamarck studies the effects of vacant leadership positions in the federal government.
- What will the Democratic Party look like? asks Walter Shapiro, discussing the spirit of the Democratic party in recent years and what changes in the party’s attitude will mean in the upcoming elections
- Social impact of expansionary fiscal policies. Carlos Vegh and Guillermo Vuletin argue in support of pursuing expansionary fiscal policies in times of crisis and describe the social impact of such policies.
- ISIS control in the Middle East. Daniel Byman predicts that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, will retain control over large parts of Syria and Iraq despite pushback from the Iraqi army.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.