A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Janet Yellen's dashboard. Before June 18—when the Federal Open Market Committee takes its quarterly look at where the U.S. economy has been and makes projections on where it's going—check out Janet Yellen's Dashboard, an interactive graphic by the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy showing a dozen of the most important measures of the economy's speed and direction.
- Building a better EITC. Isabel Sawhill and Quentin Karpilow speak to the effectiveness of the Earned Income Tax Credit as a tool to lift people out of poverty, and how it can be improved.
- What Americans want from immigration reform. E.J. Dionne, Jr., William Galston and co-authors detail Brookings/PRRI survey results on Americans' attitudes about immigration, America's role in the world, and media consumption.
- Looming challenges for Indian utilities. Rahul Tongia discusses the electricity challenges facing India, including renewables, pricing and future planning.
- The benefits of educating girls. Julia Gillard answers the question of why girls' education is so important and stresses that its improvement should be a priority.
- Character formation in America. Richard Reeves and Kimberly Howard ask what factors contribute to the various cultural groups outperforming others across the U.S.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.