The White House has stated that Cyber Security is the “most serious economic and national security challenge we face as a nation”. What are the threats? Why does it even matter, and what can we do about it?
Brookings Executive Education will hold a one day policy symposia where we will discuss these issues from a variety of perspectives: The White House, Congress, the private sector and Department of Defense. In addition, Peter Singer will share some of the lessons from his new book, Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know and each participant will receive a copy.
Understand the scope of the issue, what is being done about it and how to minimize the threat.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Hon. J. Michael McConnell (USN ret.), Vice Chairman, Booz Allen Hamilton; former Director of National Intelligence; and former Director of the National Security Agency
- Major General John Davis USA, Senior Military Advisor for Cyber, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, United States Department of Defense
- Peter W. Singer, Director 21st Century Defense Initiative & Senior Scholar, The Brookings Institution, and author Wired for War and Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know
- Congressman Patrick Meehan, (R-PA); Member, Chairman, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection and Security Technologies, Committee on Homeland Security, House of Representatives
Invited Speakers include:
- Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President, Cybersecurity Coordinator