A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Is there really a student loan debt crisis? In the new podcast, Beth Akers tackles the question.
- Israel-Palestine conflict differs from those of the past. John McLaughlin explains what makes the escalation in the Israel-Palestine conflict different than previous confrontations.
- Next generation of girls' education. Rebecca Winthrop and Eileen McGivney argue that policymakers should focus on ensuring the missing millions of girls have access to education, making schools safe and girl friendly, improving learning quality, and supporting transitions to livelihoods and leadership.
- Declining unemployment and subdued wage gains. Gary Burtless remarks on the employment gains made last month.
- Questionable sale puts NATO in a bind. Michael O'Hanlon and Edward Joseph suggest that NATO should by France's Mistral class amphibious warships to prevent a French sale to Russia.
- Does expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit help mobility? Richard Reeves and Joanna Venator ask whether the proposals for Earned Income Tax Credit expansion that have come from both President Obama and Rep. Paul Ryan promote mobility.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.