A roundup of some of the content published on brookings.edu today.
- Camp's tax reform plan. William Gale takes a close look at Rep. Dave Camp's tax reform proposal.
- Social mobility challenge for black men. Richard Reeves comments on President Obama's initiative to boost opportunities for young black men, and highlights some sobering data.
- Presidents do pork barrel, too. The Brookings Press publishes John Hudak's new book today, Presidential Pork. It's not just for Congress.
- But Obama isn't very good at pork barrel politics. Elaine Kamarck reviews Hudak's new book and focuses on how he shows that President Obama may not be that good at it.
- Kids design an idea to save lives. Over 100 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning in their cars when trapped in snowstorms. Darshak Sanghavi highlights a design for a car alarm developed by some elementary school kids.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.