Pursue a distinctive credential that advances and recognizes the leadership capabilities of government managers and executives. Brookings Executive Education’s (BEE) Certificate in Public Leadership (CPL) allows you to deepen and broaden your skill set while enhancing your résumé. Throughout your studies, you will gain the skills and mindset you need to lead in today’s challenging environment. In addition to developing the capacity for Leading Thinking,TM you will gain a network of colleagues and contacts that span across and beyond the federal government.
Apart from two required courses (one leadership residency and Ethics in Action: Leading with Integrity), any of our courses may be credited toward CPL completion, including custom programs. Through these courses, you will learn to excel as a public leader.
How You Benefit
- Deepen and broaden your leadership skills and thinking
- Receive a unique credential from a world-renowned organization
- Find course content matched to a range of career levels, goals, and skill sets
- Study as time and resources allow, thanks to a flexible time frame
- Interact with Olin Business School experts, Brookings scholars, policy analysts, authors, and other thought leaders
- Enjoy invitations to special seminars and functions at Brookings Executive Education
Requirements and Eligibility
There is no time limit or mandatory sequence for completing the 20 days of classroom learning. Participants are encouraged to enroll in the courses that match development plans or interests. Upon enrollment in the CPL, you will receive a complimentary 180° leadership assessment to help you identify your strengths, spotlight areas for development, and plan a course of study.
The Certificate in Public Leadership requires active participation in the classroom along with a three-to five-page essay describing how you translated classroom content into practice, and your personal assessment of its impact. This provides a useful reflection to assess and document a course’s return on investment to both you and your organization.
You must register to participate in the Certificate in Public Leadership program. Registration is free. You may receive credit for courses attended within a two-year period prior to enrollment.
Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-925-5730.