Recording on the sidelines of the 2017 Saban Forum, Itamar Rabinovich, distinguished fellow at Brookings, and Haaretz’s Amos Harel discuss the state of the civil war in Syria, Iran’s growing presence and what that means for Israel, and the changing relationship between the Assad regime and Russia.
- The Syrian crisis: A reckoning and a roadmap
- Rules for reconstruction in Syria
- With Syria strikes, Israel shows it’s willing to risk a new front with Iran
- Message in a rocket: Alleged Israeli strike in Syria is a signal to Iran and Russia
- No easy way out of reconstructing Raqqa
With thanks to audio producer Gaston Reboredo, engineer Pamela Berman, Anna Newby, Fred Dews, and Chris McKenna for additional support.
Intersections is part of the Brookings Podcast Network.