A New Approach to Executive Development for Women
In a world of increasingly horizontal and fluid work arrangements, the traits more common to women—collaborative, group-oriented behavior—are fundamental for executive success. Leveraging these strengths helps to prepare women for leadership positions in today’s professional environment.
The Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) is an extraordinary learning journey. You will form close bonds with women leaders across government, building relationships that will support you throughout your career. The program is comprised of three two-day sessions and a two-day capstone. As a new member of the network, the two-day capstone will give you an opportunity to meet alumnae from all past programs to continue to share and build your community of women leaders across agencies.
The curriculum for the WLN is distinct from other BEE leadership courses: it is designed to support the professional development of women in government, nonprofits, and the private sector. In order to make the most of your experience you also will have the option to take a 360-degree leadership assessment. Based on the 360-degree assessment and feedback, you may want to supplement the WLN experience with Executive Pathways courses that are based on the OPM ECQs. BEE will provide you with a $250 credit per course for up to two Executive Pathways programs taken within a year of completing the WLN program.
2016/17 WLN Program Dates:
- October 19-20, 2016: Strategies for Success
- January 10-11, 2017: Leading Thinking and Leveraging Strengths
- March 21-22, 2017: The Mind of a Leader
- May 23-24, 2017: The Uniqueness of Women's Leadership
Who Should Attend:
- Women in or engaged with government.
NEW IN 2016/17! EXPANDING THE WLN
On the first day of the capstone session, alumnae of WLN have the opportunity to attend a “special topics” seminar. This day-long program will provide current and previous participants with an opportunity to learn from some of today’s most dynamic and insightful experts on women’s leadership issues. This is a unique opportunity to re-engage with your colleagues across government and expand your network.
- May 23, 2017: Rising to the Apex
Tuition $950 (Open to WLN Alumnae)
- Learn to maximize your unique traits, skills and abilities
- Develop strategies to position yourself for promotion
- Leverage your propensity for collaboration and inclusion to achieve results
- Understand importance of self-care to excel as a leader
- Create binding relationships with peers across government to lead change
- Earn 7 days of course credit towards your Certificate in Public Leadership