Gain a more-sophisticated understanding of the legislative policy-formulation process and the regulatory policy-implementation process. And acquire the strategic knowledge to advance your organization’s legislative and regulatory agendas. The course is designed for senior-level professionals who already are familiar with the workings of Congress. Speakers cover topics such as markup sessions and the Office of Management and Budget’s Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs’ reviews.
“The course was eye-opening. I had no idea legislative and regulatory processes were so complicated.” – Class participant
OPM Competency: Political Savvy
This course is required for the Certificate in Policy Strategy.
Past speakers for this course include:
- Paul Clement, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP; Former Solicitor General of the United States
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Senior Counsel, Head of Regulatory Advocacy, General Electric Company; Former Associate Administrator, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget
- David Hoppe, President, Hoppe Strategies; Former Chief of Staff, Office of the Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI), United States House of Representatives
- The Hon. Blanche Lincoln, Principal, Lincoln Policy Group; Former Senator (D-AR), Chair of Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee, United State Senate
- Understand complex legislative and regulatory processes
- Decipher the interrelationship between policy formulation and implementation
- Work more effectively with Congress and federal agencies