How should the global system of labor mobility be managed to better meet the needs of migrant-sending countries, migrantreceiving countries, and the migrants themselves? In short, how can we all gain more from migration? This report offers a set of migration policy proposals for Europe. It summarizes the recommendations of a multifaceted project undertaken in partnership with the European Commission to rethink the management of the emerging mobility system. New ideas are offered for policies related to labor markets, integration, development cooperation, and the engagement of diasporas.
1. Introduction: Jobs and Confidence
2. New Migration: Thinking for a New Century
3. Migration and Employment: Labor Market Access Policies
4. Migration and Social Cohesion: Enabling Integration
5. Migration and Development: Partnerships for Mobility Management
6. Encouraging Migrants’ Networks