This semiannual journal from the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association (LACEA) provides a forum for influential economists and policymakers from the region to share high-quality research directly applied to policy issues within and among those countries.
1. Two Become One: Improving the Targeting of Conditional Cash Transfers with a Predictive Model of School Dropout, Cristian Crespo
2. The Effect of Police on Crime: Evidence from the 2014 World Cup in São Paulo, Ilaria Masiero
3. Free or Fair Elections? The Introduction of Electronic Voting in Brazil, Rodrigo Schneider
4. Accounting for Latin American Growth: A Trade and Macroeconomic Perspective, Augusto De La Torre and Alain Ize
5. Implications of Brazilian Institutional Guidelines on Educational Efficiency, Marcus Gerardus L. Nascimento, Kalinca I. Becker, and Mario Jorge Mendonça
6. The Role of the Gender Wage Gap in Overall Wage Inequality: A Quantitative Exercise, Marco A. Badilla Maroto