This completely revised and expanded update of Campaign Finance Reform: A Sourcebook provides the definitive exposition of federal campaign finance regulation. Written by four of the nation's most influential analysts on politics and money, The New Campaign Finance Sourcebook presents a thorough overview and analysis of campaign finance policy and practices, including the
- history of campaign finance regulation
state of campaign finance law and the implementation of BCRA
- constitutional and regulatory issues in the campaign finance debate
- current practices and trends in the financing of federal elections
- public financing of presidential elections
- rules for campaigning on the internet
- alternative approaches to reform.
The New Campaign Finance Sourcebook has also been integrated with the popular and useful Brookings website on campaign finance to provide a timely, interactive tool for policymakers, journalists, campaign professionals, and scholars. The Brookings Institution has been a leader in analyzing campaign finance and this important new book is an essential addition to that proud tradition.