The Insider's Budgetary Process provides a comprehensive overview of the many policy decisions made throughout the budget process. You will examine how agencies can best be positioned as funding decisions are made and how nongovernmental organizations can engage in these important deliberations.
This course is required for Certificate in Policy Strategy.
Speakers for the 2014 iteration of The Insider's Budgetary Process course included, but were not limited to:
- G. William Hoagland, Senior Vice President, Bipartisan Policy Center, former Staff Director, Budget Committee, U. S. Senate
- Barry Anderson, Deputy Director, National Governors Association; Former Assistant Director for Budget, Office of Management and Budget; Former Deputy & Acting Director, Congressional Budget Office
- Kyle Nevins, Principal, Capitol Counsel; former Deputy Chief of Staff to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor
- John Tanner, Vice Chairman, Prime Policy; Board of Director, Committee for a Responsible Budget; former Congressman (D-TN)
- Greg Ip, U.S. economics editor, The Economist; author of The Little Book of Economics: How the Economy Works in the Real World
- Senator Robert Bennett (R-UT), Senior Policy Advisor, Arent Fox; Senior Fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center
Location: Washington, D.C.