Program Series Regional Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: The Middle East
Inside the Middle East: Security, Political and Social Dynamics
After more than a decade of war, United States military engagement in the Middle East is coming to an end, while political, security, and economic issues in the region loom large. Stability continues to be a chimera, with Iran’s nuclear ambitions, Iraq’s fragile democracy, Israel-Palestinian conflict, and civil war in Syria all threatening U.S. and international concerns. This course gives you a unique opportunity to hear directly from the people shaping policy at home and abroad.
Co-moderation of the 2015 course will be conducted by Natan Sachs, Fellow, Foreign Policy Studies, Saban Center for Middle East Policy, the Brookings Institution.
Audience for this Program
- Intelligence and military communities
- Business managers and executives
- Nonprofit, advocacy, humanitarian and development organizations
- Political officers at embassies and consulates
- Anyone heading to the Middle East
Location: Washington, D.C.