As a frontline professional with exemplary customer service, provides technical support for Brookings employees and affiliates through the ITS Service Desk – in person, via telephone, and with remote support tools. Support includes troubleshooting and maintaining personal computers, software, printers and associated peripherals in a managed network environment. Tracks and manages workload through ticket management software. This position is considered “essential personnel” and incumbent is required to report to work during emergencies, special closings, and liberal leave unless instructed otherwise. Rotating Saturday shift also required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum three years of experience providing general Help Desk and desktop support on Windows operating systems in a managed desktop environment required.
- Minimum three years of experience working with Active Directory required.
- Experience with enterprise imaging and updating tools required.
- Experience with Macs, Apple IOS and Android mobile devices highly desirable.
- At least one Microsoft certification MCDST, MCTS, MCP, MCSE, A+, CCNA, HP or other IT certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and appropriately apply technical knowledge in a structured manner to complex end-user problems, often involving the interaction of hardware, software, and networks.
- Understanding of important operating system and network concepts such as group policy, Active Directory Administration, computer hardware/drivers, and client server communications.
- Ability to juggle and track a variety of tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, desktop applications.
- Strong customer service orientation; good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Available for working rotating shifts and weekends.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configures, installs, upgrades, moves, troubleshoots, and repairs PCs, laptops, printers, phones, and associated peripherals. Images PCs and laptops, performing appropriate inventory and storage tasks. Manages loaner program for laptops and other equipment, maintaining accurate records to ensure availability and inventory control.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware and software problems for end-users in-person, via email, and on the phone. Documents solutions and procedures as needed sharing pertinent information with fellow ITS Service Desk technicians. As an active team member, assists ITS colleagues to resolve problems and implement solutions. Records all activities in ITS ticket tracking system.
- Provides user account management in Active Directory and other tools/systems to ensure appropriate permissions and access to Brookings network for employees and affiliates.
10% Other Duties
- Proactively provides input and feedback that will aid in the development and improvement of ITS processes, procedures, and technical troubleshooting.
- Provides after-hours end-user support as scheduled and be available to cover other shifts as needed.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. Brookings welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities. No phone calls and no employment agencies please.