Responsible for assisting on a broad range of daily administrative activities for the Director of the Brookings Doha Center (BDC) in Doha, Qatar. Responsibilities include managing the Director’s calendar, all internal and external scheduling, commitments, and deadlines.
Note: This is a contractual position based in Doha, Qatar. Because of its location and the requirements of the job, a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive is required. To apply, candidates must submit materials via e-mail to DohaCenter@brookings.edu including a cover letter with full contact information and a resume. Please state “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of the message.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of three years of relevant, administrative experience. Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. Ability to effectively utilize the Internet, as well as advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and follow-up. Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. Superb organizational and interpersonal skills; poise, tact, discretion and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in high-pressure atmosphere. Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner whether working independently or as part of a team. Must be flexible, discreet, trustworthy, and dependable.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
60% Scheduling, Calendar, Travel, and Administrative Support to the Director of the BDC
- Manages the Director’s calendar; organizes and schedules daily activities and meetings.
- Arranges all details of travel schedule; assembles and tracks travel expenses and reimbursements; maintains and follows up on financial records for Director’s purchase card and check requests; communicates regularly with Budget and Administration Manager on details of reimbursements and expenses.
- Handles large volume of mail and phone calls, receives visitors and staff; serves as Director’s office liaison with Foreign Policy program at Brookings, responds to requests from other BDC staff.
- Forwards all media calls and email inquiries to communications staff for screening.
- Tracks status of projects and outstanding issues.
- Drafts and maintains correspondence, maintains BDC electronic and paper files.
40% General Administrative Support
- Coordinates travel-related details (tickets, hotel reservations, etc.) for all BDC Fellows and staff.
- Attends weekly staff meetings; provides updates on Director’s schedule.
- Maintains contact and mailing database.
- Acts as a liaison between BDC Directors, staff and Brookings Institution office in Washington, DC, in addition to other Brookings Centers.
- Compiles meeting minutes.
- Provides other office support as directed.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Brookings welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities. No phone calls and no employment agencies please.